Dean Knudson is a veterinarian and former elected official in Wisconsin. He has been a political activist and an active community volunteer. Dean has served in elective offices of city council, mayor and state representative.
Dean served three terms as chairman of the Republican Party of St. Croix county. He was a member of the Wisconsin delegation to the Republican National Conventions in 2004, 2012 and 2016.
Dean has been a practicing small animal veterinarian in St Croix county since 1989. His professional interests include surgery and dentistry. In 2013 Dean received the Presidential Award from the Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association.
During his service in the Wisconsin legislature, Dean served two terms on the budget writing Joint Committee on Finance. He helped develop Wisconsin’s unique response to the Affordable Care Act, as the only state to cover all citizens in poverty while declining to accept Medicaid expansion or establish a state-run exchange.
PUBLIC SERVICE EXPERIENCE
· Wisconsin State Representative, three terms 2011-2017
· Mayor, City of Hudson, two terms
· Alderman, Hudson City Council, three terms
· Hudson Public Utility Commission, former member
· Hudson Public Library Board, former member
· Hudson Public Works Committee, former member
· St. Croix Business Park, board member
· Hudson Daybreak Rotary Club, past President
· Hudson Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau, past President
· Republican Party of St. Croix County, past Chairman